Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jackson's First Day of School


I knew this day was coming, but I still wasn't ready for it. Can you ever be ready for your first child to go to school? Well, the time had arrived. Jackson won't turn 5 until November so he missed the cut off to go to school. So I had to figure out a preschool to send him to. I kind of looked around and had a couple of options, but then my mom told me about a school called Eagleridge. She had actually taught there a couple of years ago and actually was going to be teaching there again this year. It was actually an answer to our prayers, because it is state funded so there is no charge and we were really worried about paying for preschool. It can get sooo expensive. So we signed him up. It is a kindergarten but only 2 days a week from 9-2:30. So he eats lunch there. I was extremely nervous about sending him for that long. He had never done anything like this. But he reminds me everyday that he is a big boy and I can't keep holding on to him like he was my baby. Needless to say, Jackson was super excited to go. We got him a lunch bag (Speed Racer) (They didn't have any transformers ones when we went to the store) and a folder. He already had a good backpack so he kept that one. We went to meet the teacher the week before school started and when we got there, Jackson started getting out of the car and said "Bye Mom, Bye Dad!" We said wait we are coming with you this time! He met his teacher Mrs. Skipper and got to see the classroom. He didn't want to leave. So then the day had arrived. I made him french toast for breakfast and got his lunch bag ready (with a note of course!), and his backpack. (Briana got ready for school too) She kept thinking she was going to get to go, too! Anyways, we headed to school. Jerry and I were actually hanging in there promising ourselves that we weren't going to be the blubbering parents sending their firstborn off to school. We dropped Jax off at the door, took some pics, Jerry took a pic of him at his desk and then we had to leave. Well, Briana started crying, she didn't want to leave and kept saying "I'm really going to miss Jackson!" Well, that did it for me! It made me sad and I cried a little, but I knew Jackson was going to do so good! That helped me stay pretty calm! Plus, Jerry gave each of us blessings to help us at the start of this school year. Briana was sad most of the day, and kept asking "Do you think Jax misses me?" I feel bad for her, I think she really feels left out. But she is getting used to it. Anyways, we picked him up and as we were driving home we asked him what he did, and he said it was really fun. Then I asked him specific questions like "did you line up when you went to lunch?" And he would say, "how did you know?" That went on for a little while. He was exhausted from the long day and fell asleep on the ride home. I know he loves it though and is getting used to everything. He wants to do really good and I hope he keeps that up throughout his life. Well, my baby boy is growing up! I can't stop it, I just have to live with it and enjoy every second. I love Jackson so much. He is such a sweet boy and loves life and is ALL boy! I am very proud to be his mom!

2 comments:

carmen said...

Oh my heck! Stacy, your Jackson looks JUST like you!! How cute! I bet you just love that!! Hope you are doing very well. Take good care.

Daneece Cluff said...

That is so cute! Did Brianna think she was going with him too?