So I get a call today from my mom saying Tricia gave us free tickets for dinner at Cantina Laredo and asked if I wanted to go. But no kids can go and I would need to find a babysitter. I said sure why not! Free food, sign me up! So I asked Jerry's mom to watch the kids and of course she agreed, so dinner was on. But we all kept asking what is the catch. So I called Tricia myself to find out exactly what she knows, and she said she got a call saying if you hurry and reserve your spot you would get a free dinner for you and 3 friends. She of course said "what do I have to buy, what are you selling? Is it really free?" They said it was, you just had to listen to a presentation about fire safety. They even said leave your wallet in the car if you don't believe me. So Tricia decided not to go, but sent me and my parents off to see how it goes. We were very nervous wondering what to expect, and we got there and went into a banquet room at Cantina Laredo. They were very friendly and the whole time said you are not being sold anything tonight. So for 2 hours we heard about fire safety and all the dangers in your homes and how smoke detectors work 55% of the time, and don't turn on for a long time. It was really fascinating. We had food which I didn't really care for, too fancy schmancy for my taste! But it was free! They didn't push anything on us, just asked if we wanted them to come to our home to get a free fire safety evaluation of the home. (and they do have products to sell if we want at that time). All in all, it was very informative, and really made you think how safe your house is! I realized my kids have no clue what to do in a fire and that really scares me! So next family home evening, fire safety is our topic! For Sure! Thanks Tricia for the free meal! : )
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a great idea for family home evening. That and stranger danger. I used to do all kinds of skits with my kids about what to do if a stranger approaches you, etc. and with my younger kids, I've become a little lazy about that. It's good to have a refresher course. These are all good topics to discuss with our families. You'll have more opportunities to talk about them when Jackson is in scouts, too!! :o) Too bad the food wasn't what you would have picked for yourself!
that actually sounds pretty cool! ya my kids have no clue and i dont think they would wake up to the fire alarm anyways...yikes.
So glad you got to quit chillis!! That game sounds like so much fun!!!
Post a Comment