I know, I know! It's not Christmas yet. But in our family, the Holiday Season begins on Labor Day! That is when we head to Hawley Lake with Jerry's family. Hawley Lake is just past Pinetop/Lakeside. We rent a couple of cabins, get out of the heat and have a blast! Jerry looks forward to this every year. He seriously counts down the days until we go. And since he is so excited to get there, we end up leaving at 5 a.m. on that Thursday morning! One reason we did this was so that the kids can sleep a little more on the way up. Well, Briana did, but Jackson didn't. He actually didn't take a nap the entire trip. He just ended up passing out at the end of the day. Poor guy! He was so excited to be there almost as much as his dad! : ) (Like Father, Like Son!) So I won't go through a play by play account of the entire trip, but I will list off some of the things we did. Eat, Play Horseshoes, Go to the Lake, Play Uno, Eat, Play Catch, Ride the little tractor, Raining, Hailing, Thunderstorms, Chase Wild Turkeys, Eat, Play Golf (a card game), Play more games, Eat, Spotlighting, Go 4X4ing, Play the infamous "Ball Game" (ask Jerry about that one!), etc, etc., etc. (Oh and did I mention eat!) We always take so much food, so much for working out! : ) We did have such a great time. It was nice and cold, we had a fire a few times. We wore long sleeves and jackets. I love to be bundled up! Also, my kids learned a new game. Don't Eat Pete! (Thanks to Grandma Schupple for that!) They loved eating the M&Ms so much it was hard to get them to stop playing! Anyways, we can't wait til next year. Only 350 more days and counting!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment