Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Almost time!




The time is finally here for me to have our baby! I am so excited, nervous, scared, and every other emotion you can think of! We are getting induced at Banner Gateway on Friday, Oct. 24th if all goes well and they can get me in! I know I'm not due for another week, but I have an amazing doctor that doesn't mind inducing a little early! Thank you Dr. Huish! So I thought I would write down a few thoughts/memories of my time being pregnant, before it's over!
- We didn't tell anyone that I was pregnant for awhile, including the kids. When we told them, we showed them the ultrasound pictures. Jax was excited right away, but I think we scared Bri with the "scary skeleton" pics on the ultrasound, but once we explained it was a baby in mommy's tummy, she got excited too!
- When we found out it was a girl, Jax was not too happy about that! He really wanted a brother. But he got over that quickly and has been so excited for a new little sister.
- When we were deciding on names for our little girl, Jax decided he wanted to call her "Root Beer". Don't ask me why?!? He also started calling Bri, "Sprite", and me, "Dr. Pepper" (That should tell you something about our family's drinking preferences!)
- I had 2 weird ailments this pregnancy, that wasn't caused by being pregnant. The first was a weird skin rash on my face. (Which after anitbiotics, I got sick for 6 days and couldn't even go to work, but it did finally go away) The second is a numb right arm, that my dr. said was just carpal tunnel. But after weeks of not being able to sleep and waking up and having huge shooting pains in my arm or being completely numb, I finally went to the chiropractor. I actually had a pinched nerve in my shoulder. He helped it so much. It still goes a little numb, but I am able to sleep as normal as a pregnant woman can!
- I only had one craving which has been Ice! I love sitting and chomping on a big glass of ice, preferably Sonic Ice. (I passed that on to Bri as well!)
- I love that the kids always give my tummy a hug and a kiss and tell Cassie they love her. That has been my fave thing to see them do!

I could go on, but I won't. I have been so lucky to have a relatively easy pregnancy. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family always willing to help. I can't wait to see our new little girl, Cassie. I know she will be a great blessing to our family!

3 comments:

Jules said...

Stacy,
What an exciting time! I hope that all goes well on Friday -- a speedy and uneventful delivery would be nice. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The Merrell Family said...

Good luck Stacey! I have to say I love the whole ice thing all three of my pregnancy's. It's not a bad habit unless you start thinking of all the dental work later!(hahaha)

Deanne said...

My mom told me you were going to have the baby this week. I hope all went well!