Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


How lucky I am to have such an amazing father! I just wanted to share a few random thoughts/memories about my dad!
- He is the King of Bad Jokes! Every time he tells one, you groan and shake your head! But you can always count on him to try to make you smile!
- I got all my bad habits from him! Dr. Pepper, Ice Cream, and my annoyance for dumb drivers!
- Some of my favorite memories growing up was waking up early to go to basketball with him down at the church and hoping he would take us to Circle K for a treat. (usually donuts and a Dr. Pepper)
- He taught me how to work. He is such a hard worker. He taught me the importance of a good work ethic, and had us kids working at a young age helping him clean offices or doing yard work etc.
- I could almost always count on him (and my mom) to be at any sporting event I had. I also could always tell he was there because he would be the loudest one cheering me and my team on. I especially remember the time when I had a volleyball game on Halloween and he came all dressed up and was even louder than usual!
- One of his favorite lines when I was growing up was "Don't kiss the boys!"
- I learned to appreciate "the oldies" from him. We always had to listen to the oldies when he was driving. That is how I have grown to love The Beatles and Elvis.
- He is an amazing grandfather. When he hasn't seen the grandkids for awhile, he will say he needs to get his "grandkid fix" because he misses them. He shows so much love to my kids and I am so grateful for that.

I could go on, but I won't. I just want him to know how much I love and appreciate him for always being there for me and supporting his family the way he does. He has a wonderful testimony and knowledge of the gospel. Thanks for everything Dad! I love you!
P.S. I wanted to put up a very embarrasing pic, but I couldn't find it! You lucked out!

3 comments:

Mike Wallen said...

Stacy,

Your blog rocks and what you said means a lot to me. I am lucky to have such a sweet daughter. You are an awesome Mom and make really cool grandkids for me to spoil. I am already thinking of new things to try out on Cassie.

Thank you for your kind words. Many memories came back to me as I read what you had to say. I am curious about the embarrassing picture though. There are so many.

You are welcome. It has been my honor to be your father. I am blessed.

Love,

Dad

carmen said...

I just read your dad's comment, and I am getting teary-eyed!! Happy Birthday, Brother Wallen. I love you and I love your family. I wrote something on my blog, Stacy that you may want to read. It's about your dad, and I bet it's something you didn't know, or at least forgot you knew!! It's under the post "Finally"
It's kind of silly, really, but it's one of many good memories that I have of your dad growing up!!

Stacy said...

Carmen - I replied on your blog about Huey Lewis and the News! (under the "Finally" post) Thanks!