Monday, November 17, 2008

Jedi Training - Jax's 5th Birthday Party


For Jackson's birthday party, Jax decided he wanted a "Star Wars Clone Wars" party. So I decided to have all the kids train to be Jedi's! I had such a fun time planning. I made little tunics for the kids to wear so that they look like "padawans". Then we played musical chairs to "Star Wars" music. Next, we played "Red Light Saber, Blue Light Saber" (aka Red light, green light) Each kid had a turn holding up the light sabers and having the kids run towards them. Then they trained with light sabers. I had blown up the long skinny balloons and had the kids practice their moves. Then they had to use their "light sabers" to pop bubbles. The last game we played was just a simple bean bag game. Then we had cake and ice cream. The cake had a picture of Jax dressed up like a clone trooper from Halloween. It turned out so cute. Then we opened presents. There was a little bit of time left and all the kids really wanted to play "real" light sabers. So we paired the kids up and let them fight. I was a little nervous that they would get hurt, but the did a good job of not hitting too hard. What was really cute, was that they all cheered the other kids on when it wasn't their turn. I think the kids had a great time! I know Jax loved it. And Jerry and I survived our first birthday party that we had friends invited to. We ended up with 15 kids (including jax and bri). It was crazy, but all the kids were so nice and had a really great time.
P.S. I also got to take cupcakes in to Jax's class on thursday. He was so excited to pass out cupcakes. All the kids were so great and sang him happy birthday and said thanks for the cupcakes. He is growing up so fast!

1 comments:

Josh and Stephanie Barney said...

That is so fun! What a creative party. It looks like the kids had a blast. We miss you guys!