Monday, March 23, 2009

Crazy, Busy, Eventful Week!

So this last week we had a lot going on! Between all of us being sick, it was truly crazy. Here is a rundown of some of the things that happened to us this last week.

- Family Pictures = Shopping for Coordinating clothes = Nightmare
So I first found outfits for the girls, really darling dresses that were pink
and white and I figured that wouldn't be hard to find something for me to match
to. Think Again! Over the course of 3 days, After 3 trips to Old Navy, 2 to 2 different Ross's, 1 to Target, 1 to Macy's, 1 to TJ Maxx, 1 to many different stores at Chandler Mall, I finally
found whole new outfits for the girls and me that matched! The boys were a piece
of cake!
- "After this weekend I will never do "blank" again"
I am a huge fan of John Jay and Rich on 104.7 in the mornings. I listen to them everyday on the way to work and one of their bits is the above mentioned quote. Well, I had my own experience that I learned that I will never do again! So Friday night I stayed up late, getting all of our stuff ready for the grand opening and family pics the next day. So I set all of our toothbrushes and toothpastes out so that I could just stick them all in a bag as soon as we brushed in the morning. Well in the middle of the night I had gotten up to use the bathroom. When I came out (the bathroom was pretty dark by the way) I just happened to look at my toothbrush. I noticed that it was pretty dark where the bristles are and then something scurried around and went in the sink and almost down the drain. EEWWWW!!!! A Cockroach! I didn't know what to do, should I try to hurry and squish it by pulling the plug, or get Jerry (even though he had just gone to bed like 30 mins before and had to get up in about 4 hours), or should I get some paper towels and squish it! I finally decided on fly swatter and paper towel (I did NOT want to touch it) And killed it. Then threw out all of our toothbrushes and sanitized the whole sink and counter. What a fun night! So after this weekend, I will never leave my toothbrush or anything on the counter overnight again!
- A Big Scare!
So we had quite a scare this week. Tuesday afternoon I get home from work and the first thing Jerry says to me is . . . "I lost my ring!" My heart just dropped! I couldn't believe it. We tore apart everything looking for it and could not find it. The last time Jerry remembers taking it off was on Sunday at church he put on some lotion and whenever he does that he sets his ring on the hymnals on the back of the bench in front of us. So we contact the librarian and she hadn't seen it but said she would be down at the church the next day and would look for it. Then that night I went to the church and scoured around where we sat and couldn't find anything. We searched the house again to no avail. Wednesday night, my dad tried to check out the library and the bishop's office but no one showed up because it was spring break. So finally on saturday we put a note up on the library and hoped for the best. No one knew anything about it on sunday, so I was telling myself, it's gone, I don't think we are ever going to find it! Then today,(Monday) I had sent the kids to their rooms after a fun little fight they got in, and when I went to talk to Briana in her room, she says "Mommy look what I have!" There was the ring in her hand! It was in her bed! My heart has only leaped a few times in my lifetime! When Jerry proposed to me and showed my the ring for the first time, when I held my babies in my arms for the first time, and when Briana held up that ring! I forgot all about why I had sent them to their rooms and hurried and sent Jerry a text message picture of the ring. I am so grateful we found it!
- "Would You Rather"
So we had got this game called "Would you rather" a while ago, but never played it. So we took it over to Jerry's mom's because we were getting together because Katrina was visiting. I thought it would be fun to play a new game. It's a really fun game that makes you think and talk about your opinions and learn about how other people think. For example, "Would you rather go around the world in a hot air balloon or a sailboat?" Some people voted for the hot air balloon and others a sailboat. The way that you win the game though is through challenges that the game gives you if you land on a "challenge" square. Jerry got a challenge where he had a couple of choices to do either a belly dance for 60 seconds, make up a rap song for 60 seconds, or have another player draw on a mustache and glasses on your face and keep it on the entire game. He chose the mustache and glasses. Bronti drew on a Hitler mustache and big round glasses! It was hilarious. Then Katrina chose as her challenge to have someone write "Goof" on her forehead and then she had to sit there with her mouth open for the entire next players turn. We had so much fun! We just laughed and enjoyed the time together! Also, in the midst of all this, we had the Grand Opening of the BFSC and the unveiling of the statue of Jerry's grandparents at the entrance to the complex. They had a great turnout, had a volleyball tournament going on, as well as expo games that micah and lucy both played in and we squeezed in a family picture (with those that could make it) which Tricia took.

PHEW!!!! Am I glad this week is over!

2 comments:

carmen said...

It sounds like you have been really busy- that's the way it is for a young mom. I'm glad you are having FUN, too - that's so important!! And I'm glad you found the ring!! Take care. :o)

Unknown said...

I didn't know about the ring! Glad you found it.