Friday, March 13, 2009

First Injury of the Season


Jerry is playing on an Adult Men's Soccer League at the complex. I took the kids to his game last week to cheer him on. We got more than we bargained for. Jerry was going for a ball near the other team's goal and ran smack into the plexiglass wall! He hit the wall and then just dropped to the ground. I was so nervous when he didn't get up right away. He laid on the ground for about 5 minutes not really moving. I went over where he was and watched thru the plexiglass and he finally got up. He was pretty shaky, but could walk. Needless to say, he didn't play anymore. He had a huge goose egg on his forehead. Luckily one of the parents of the guys Jerry plays with was there and he is a doctor so he looked at his head and his eyes and watched over him the rest of the night to make sure he was okay. I am so glad he was there. Jerry had to stay later until they closed that night and so I was really nervous for him. I had one of the guys that works with him, follow him home! He was fine, but just had a very bad headache and still has a black eye too. I am just glad it was not worse than it was!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

so glad he's okay. also great that the complex is so successful!!! We miss you guys.