Yes, it was Jerry and I's 10 Year Reunion this past weekend! I still can't get over that we have been out of high school for 10 years! So, I debated forever whether or not to go. Then my friend Matt came into Chili's a couple of weeks ago and asked if I was going and I said I wasn't sure. He wasn't sure either. You see, the tickets were almost $100 a ticket and since there are 2 of us going, that is a pretty expensive night. And I wasn't even sure if anyone of my old friends were going to be there. So I went on a quest to figure out who was going. I finally got in touch with my old friend Nina, who I haven't talked to in almost 10 years. She told me she just found out she could go and another friend of ours, Elana was going too. So that decided it for me. I knew I would regret it if I didn't go. So I bought our tickets like 3 days in advance. On Saturday, a couple of our classmates put together a picnic so that we could spend time and see each other's families. That was nice to see people in a nice relaxed atmosphere. Jackson and Briana spent most of the time throwing rocks and other stuff into the irrigation. And of course, Briana sat in the water! I'm glad we went to the picnic because several people were not going to the dinner that night. Anyways, then we dropped off our kids at Jerry's mom, and headed over to the actual reunion at Rustler's Rooste. We had a section on the patio that over looked the entire city. The lights were beautiful. (I am so mad at myself for not taking more pics, I'm so sorry) When we got there, not many people were there yet. Jerry found an old friend and we felt kind of bad for him, because none of his friends showed up that night. It was kind of sad. Anyways, I met up with Nina and Elana. It was so great to see them. We were almost inseparable in High School. We did miss a part of our "fantastic four". Our friend Kim didn't make it! : ( But in the end, it was a very nice evening. I did learn a couple of things from going to this reunion. The first thing was, "Some things never change!" Even after all these years, most people stayed in their own little groups. There was the "drama/music" group, the "jocks/cheerleaders" group, etc, etc. I don't know what exactly my group was, but we did kind of stick together! Another thing I learned is that I am happy with my life and the decisions I've made! Anyways, I'm so glad I went. I was very glad to see all my old friends. And I do plan to keep in touch with them. Go Chandler Wolves! C-Town forever! Elana(Alpert) Ephraim, Nina Denny and I (below)
4 comments:
10 years - you're old :)
THat is crazy... who else did you see?
It was so great to see you! And now I will forever and always be a frequent visitor to "Barney Moments"!
crazy. I bet it was fun/weird to see everyone!
Post a Comment