You know we are all so excited about the Primary Program. There is always those one or two kids that keep waving at their parents, or singing too loud in the microphone, and other kids goofing off in the background. But you are amazed at how most of them are extremely good and sing their little hearts out and say their parts so well. Well, last sunday was Jackson's very first primary program, and I was so excited for him. We took him to the practice the day before and he did so well and was so excited to say his little part with his primary class. They also were doing a song in sign language and Jax was trying so hard to do the motions. So I was so proud of him and invited my parents and Jerry's mom to come. They came and when it was time for the kids to go up, guess what he does! He gets all scared and doesn't want to go up there. I was so sad, of course he was more nervous now that the entire chapel was filled up. So basically I dragged him up there and he sat in a little corner where I could barely see the top of his head. He didn't stand up one time for any of the songs or his class's part. What a bummer! The program was still amazing and the sign language song still gave me the chills, but it wasn't what I had imagined. Things never turn out how you want them to, right? Anyways, he still amazes me everyday and I am truly proud of the boy that he is. (even if he didn't stand up and do the sign language for me!) I'll just have to wait til next year! A mom can dream can't she?
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
oh that's still a good memory of him - he will like hearing that story when he is one of those older boys who is annoying and cant get enough of the microphone :)
Post a Comment